troubThis topic describes how to troubleshoot MWI issues.
When MWIs do not turn on or off:
|Phone system||Run the Check Telephony Configuration test.|
|Ports||Confirm that voice-messaging ports are assigned to send MWI requests (Dialout MWI).|
|Port group||Confirm that the port groups for the phone-system integration enable MWIs.|
|Port group||Confirm that the settings are correct for the MWI On Extension and the MWI Off Extension fields. (SCCP only.)|
|Phone-system basics||Confirm that MWIs for the phone system are not forced off.|
|User||Confirm that the MWI is enabled for the user.|
|User||Confirm that the correct phone system is assigned to the MWI for the user.|
|No results||Enable macro traces on Cisco Unity Connection.|
When troubleshooting MWI issues, follow these steps:
- Run the Check Telephony Configuration test for the relevant phone system.
- Confirm that voice-messaging ports for the phone-system integration are assigned to send MWI requests.
- Confirm that the port groups for the phone-system integration enable MWIs.
- Confirm that the settings are correct for the MWI On Extension field and the MWI Off Extension field for SCCP phones.
- Confirm that MWIs for the phone system are not forced off.
- Confirm that the MWI is enabled for the user.
- Confirm that the correct phone system is assigned to the MWI for the user.
- Confirm that the extensions that turn MWIs on and off are in the same CSS that contains the phones and voicemail ports.
- Verify whether the Cisco Unity Connection server was upgraded, restored by using the Disaster Recovery System, or experienced an event that disrupted MWI synchronization.
- If the preceding tasks did not resolve the MWI problem, enable macro traces for MWIs.
Resynchronize MWIs for the system after a server is restored by using the Disaster Recovery System, after upgrading a system, or after a WAN outage in a system that has distributed voice-messaging through Cisco Unified SRST routers or Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express routers in Cisco Unified SRST mode.
There is a delay before MWIs turn on or off:
- If MWIs are synchronized for a phone-system integration, MWIs for messages might be delayed.
- Port Activity Report: The number of ports assigned to handle MWI requests is insufficient. A possible solution is to install more ports for systems that handle a large volume of calls.
- Two or more port groups are in the phone-system integration. Make sure that all of the port groups are correctly configured for MWIs.
Use the following troubleshooting information if there is a delay in turning MWIs on or off:
- If MWIs are being synchronized for a phone-system integration, delayed MWIs for messages might result from the additional MWI requests that are being processed.
- The number of ports that are assigned to process MWI requests might be insufficient. For systems that process a large volume of calls, extra ports might need to be installed.
- If two or more port groups are in the phone-system integration, make sure that all of the port groups are correctly configured for MWIs.