This topic presents the Cisco Jabber connection status tool.
- In Cisco Jabber, go to Help > Show Connection Status.
- In this example, the client has connected to:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager in softphone mode
- Cisco Unity Connection for visual voicemail
- Cisco Unified Communications IM and Presence Service for presence information
- LDAP for directory search
In Cisco Jabber, you can use the connection status tool to see a status overview of the configured and assigned Cisco Unified Communications Services. As shown in the figure, you can easily spot issues, where an incorrect hostname, IP, or port is configured. If there is an error, an error code describes the issue that is occurring with that specific UC Service.
Choose Help > Show Connection Status in Cisco Jabber. The tool shows the status for LDAP, Presence, Deskphone, and others. The green check marks indicate that the modules are correctly set up. A blue circle with an exclamation mark is informational, describing, for example, that deskphone video is not available in softphone mode. An orange triangle with an exclamation mark (not shown in the figure) shows an error. The Reason field provides additional information when an error occurs. In the example in the figure, the reason is “Deskphone video is not available in softphone mode.”