Well today I decided to get back into the lab at home and tidy up on some core UC skills and tasks. This is what I have achieved this weekend…
- ESXi build
- Layer 3 switch configuration to create networks for HQ Voice Servers + Voice VLAN/ESX Mgmt and also added my home PC to the switch so I can see all networks..
- CUCM 10.5 Publisher build
- Windows DNS Server (Lab.local forward look up zone)
- 2 IP Phones registered (1 SCCP and 1 SIP)
- RTMT for CUCM installed
- Traces enabled
- Played with CUCM traces and Translator X (Way cool!)
- Real time traces with RTMT
- CUC 10.5 Single Node Build
- Integration with CUCM (Both SIP + SCCP methods)
- MWI + Voicemail working (Had some issues with this and turned out just to be an issue with MWI not being enabled on the extension!! Doh!)
Note to self – This is the 1st time I have ever installed CUC. Was pretty much the same as CUCM…
One thing that I always notice in home labs…. installing CUCM and CUC is not a quick process. Also the time it takes for Tomcat to fully kick in is painful!