This topic describes issues with directory and interview call handlers.
- If the dial plan is set up incorrectly, dial by extension or dial by name does not work.
- Verify that users and call handlers are placed in the correct partition to be found by the directory handler.
- Users might have chosen the delist option.
- Verify that the questions are active and recorded.
- Without recordings, the Goodbye call handler is used.
For directory handlers, most issues occur in the search scope settings. If users cannot be found when a caller uses the directory handler, the search scope might be incorrect. Verify that users and call handlers are correctly placed in partitions and that the partitions are listed in the Search Space option that is set in the directory handler. Users can choose to delist their entries from the directory of an extension, in which case there is no actual issue.
Interview handlers need defined questions. These questions must be active and recorded. Without a recorded question, the call handler will not play anything. The Interview call handler executes the After Interview Action after the questions are played. The Goodbye call handler is chosen by default.