This topic describes Cisco Unity Express prompts and custom prompts.
- Five default prompts exist for auto-attendant operations:
- Administrators can upload their own prompts.
- Prompt format for files must be *.wav with G.711 mu-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, mono with a file size limit of 1 MB.
- Error checking is performed on the file format during upload.
- The custom prompts capacity (MB/minute) per installed language is 125/250.
- You can install a maximum of five languages at one time.
A prompt is simply an audio file. To view a list of voicemail prompts, choose System > Prompts. There are five system prompts that are available. These prompts are shown in the figure.
The administrator can also create a WAV file with the following properties:
- G.711 mu-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, mono.
- The file cannot be larger than 1 MB (about 2 minutes).
After recording new WAV files, upload the prompt files to the Cisco Unity Express module. Error checking is performed on the file format when it is uploaded from the GUI. Cisco Unity Express provides the built-in AvT, which lets administrators record customized prompt files directly to the module by using a phone.