This topic describes how Cisco Jabber can access corporate resources from any location.
- Cisco Jabber provides access without a VPN via Cisco Collaboration Edge.
- Cisco Jabber uses service discovery to detect Cisco Expressway and connects to the corporate network.
Cisco Collaboration Systems mobile and remote access is a core part of the Cisco Collaboration Edge architecture. It allows endpoints such as Cisco Jabber to have their registration, call control, provisioning, messaging, and presence services provided by Cisco Unified Communications Manager when the endpoint is not within the enterprise network. The Cisco Expressway provides secure firewall traversal and line-side support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager registrations.
The overall solution provides the following:
- Off-premises access: The Cisco Collaboration Systems solution offers a consistent experience outside the network for Cisco Jabber and Cisco EX, MX, and SX Series clients
- Security: The Cisco Collaboration Systems solution provides secure business-to-business communications.
- Cloud services: The Cisco Collaboration Systems solution provides enterprise-grade flexibility and scalable solutions providing rich WebEx integration and service provider offerings.
- Gateway and interoperability services: The Cisco Collaboration Systems solution provides media and signaling normalization, and support for nonstandard endpoints.
Signaling traverses the Cisco Expressway solution between the mobile endpoint and Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Media traverses the Cisco Expressway solution and is relayed between endpoints directly; all media is encrypted between Cisco Expressway-C and the mobile endpoint.