This topic describes the role of the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) for endpoint provisioning.
Cisco TMS is used for the following:
- Centralizing configuration management
- Centralizing administration
- Making conference attendance simpler
- Managing contacts easily
Cisco TMS Provisioning Extension is an addition to Cisco TMS to provide the following:
- User and device provisioning (e.g., for Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence clients)
- FindMe preferences
Cisco TMS offers control and management of multiparty conferencing, infrastructure, and endpoints to centralize management of all video collaboration and the Cisco TelePresence network. The main features are as follows:
- Centralized configuration management: Cisco TMS manages effectively the entire Cisco TelePresence infrastructure and endpoints.
- Centralized administration: Cisco TMS simplifies management of Cisco TelePresence components.
- Natural meeting experiences: Cisco TMS provides quick, easy conference attendance across a wide range of Cisco TelePresence endpoints, including Cisco Jabber clients, with One Button to Push or One Click to Join.
- Easy contacts management: Cisco TMS allows the use of integrated phone books, which offers fast, accurate dialing and consistency with company directories, and enhanced reachability with FindMe.
Cisco TMS Provisioning Extension is an extension for Cisco TMS that enables rapid provisioning of Cisco TelePresence users and endpoints, like Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence. The extension also enables users to set optional Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) FindMe preferences so that they can be reached based on availability, location, and preferred devices.
Deploying Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence
This section describes the configuration procedure for Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence.
- Perform initial configuration of Cisco VCS.
- Configure authentication policy in Cisco VCS.
- Enable NTLM authentication in Cisco VCS.
- Enable provisioning on Cisco TMS:
- Verify that provisioning license is installed on the Cisco TMS server.
- Add Cisco VCS to Cisco TMS.
- Configure Cisco VCS provisioning.
- Configure users and groups in Cisco TMS.
- Configure Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence clients.
The configuration procedure includes steps that are performed in Cisco VCS, in Cisco TMS, and on the Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence client.