Ok so outbound calls… well my home PSTN network isn’t the real world… so what I did is setup a dial-peer on the SRST router to enable outbound calls to 911. (Which is a line on my PSTN Phone)
Added this dial-peer to the SRST Router:
dial-peer voice 2 pots description PSTN Calls destination-pattern 911 no digit-strip port 0/0/0:15
…and Bingo!! Calls are being sent via the E1 interface to my PSTN router and I am able to ring the line of this handset via the PSTN whilst in SRST mode.
So in summary.. This is a very simple SRST configuration…
- The WAN goes down and my phone goes into SRST Mode.
- People can call the SRST phone via the ‘Call Forward Unregistered’ setting in CUCMon the line of the SRST phone, which is set to forward to the PSTN line.
- Call comes into the SRST Gateway via the PSTN
- Inbound Dial-Peer matches all OK
- Phone rings!
- Phone can make outbound calls to the PSTN
I would like to follow this up with more of a real world example soon.