All.. I recently and unexpectedly stumbled across this in one production and thought it was an interesting one to document and share.
Upgrading CUC cluster from 11.0 to 11.5.1
When attempting to switch versions, I received the following error:
‘ERROR Sync after switch version failed’
Workaround (**For me!)
Make sure that the inactive version on the Subscriber node is the SAME (11.5.1.xxxx) as the inactive version on the Publisher. This resolved the issue for me! Hope this helps.
Here is my own take on EMCC:
- Part 1 is better viewed on a large screen (Lesson learnt!)
- Part 2 is lower res and looks good on any device
One for the lab, but here are the Cisco docs:
- Export certs to SFTP for all clusters that will participate
- Consolidate certificates (Only on 1 server)
- Import bulk certs into all clusters
- Create a EMCC template
- Add EMCC devices using template
- Add SIP Trunks to all clusters – EMCC no IP defined – Full mesh
- EMCC Feature Cfg and Intercluster Service Profile
- Cluster View
In summary, if you had Site A and Site B, if youre home site is A and you visit B and logon using EMCC, the phone at B will register to the A cluster as if you were there, however there is a EMCC CSS used, which sends calls via the EMCC SIP Trunk to the ‘visited’ cluster and therefore calls are routed out of this cluster correctly. Slightly confusing!
Also a great video from the wonderful Vik Malhi at Collabcert:
Well today I decided to get back into the lab at home and tidy up on some core UC skills and tasks. This is what I have achieved this weekend…
- ESXi build
- Layer 3 switch configuration to create networks for HQ Voice Servers + Voice VLAN/ESX Mgmt and also added my home PC to the switch so I can see all networks..
- CUCM 10.5 Publisher build
- Windows DNS Server (Lab.local forward look up zone)
- 2 IP Phones registered (1 SCCP and 1 SIP)
- RTMT for CUCM installed
- Traces enabled
- Played with CUCM traces and Translator X (Way cool!)
- Real time traces with RTMT
- CUC 10.5 Single Node Build
- Integration with CUCM (Both SIP + SCCP methods)
- MWI + Voicemail working (Had some issues with this and turned out just to be an issue with MWI not being enabled on the extension!! Doh!)
Note to self – This is the 1st time I have ever installed CUC. Was pretty much the same as CUCM…
One thing that I always notice in home labs…. installing CUCM and CUC is not a quick process. Also the time it takes for Tomcat to fully kick in is painful!
Discovered this in my lab with a 7942 on auto reg! After 1 second the phone went to a cisco splash asking to ‘login to provision this device’.
Remove the Idle URL and timer value under the phone ‘External Data Locations’. Worked a treat!