- Installation of the Cisco UCCX Software on the First Node or Publisher Node first and then on the Second Node has to be done.
- NTP and DNS configuration are mandatory for Unified CCX installation. Both Forward and Reverse records are required in the DNS server.
- Configure the server by using a static IP address so that the server IP address remains unchanged.
- Unified CCX 9.x that is packaged with Linux based UC Operating System (UCOS)
- It is an appliance model developed by Cisco
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.x (CUCM)
- Hardware for both UCCX and CUCM: Approved Media Convergence Servers (MCS) B-series or C-Series servers (UCS)
Training installing UCCX 9.x in ESXi 5.1
- OVA template used for sizing the VMs
- OVF – Open Virtualisation Format
OVA – Open Virtualisation Archive
- OVA is a archive/ZIP of an OVF file contains a VMX file and a VMDK file
- Doesn’t contain the actual data on the vDisk, rather it only provides the geometry of the disk.
- Download OVA File and have the ISO image ready
- Deploy OVA template
- Generate Answer File
- Create DNS Host Record in DNS Server
- Power on the Virtual Machine
- Mount the Floppy Drive
10.5 UCCX Installation Guide from Cisco.com: